Konagaya Laboratory covers the interdisciplinary research topics among computer science, molecular biology and arts in School of Computing, Tokyo Institute of Technology. Konagaya Labboratory is supervised by Professor Konagaya Akihiko. Konagaya Laboratory focuses on the following research topics, now.
- Molecular Robotics
- AI application on History of Art with deeplearning and VR techniques
- Biomedical Informatics
Molecular robotics is one of emerging techniques which aims to construct an artifact with senses and intelligence by means of the bottom-up fabrication of biomolecules as living things.
Since 2012, Konagaya laboratory plays an essential role to promote the following research projects:
- MEXT: A grant-in-aid for scientific research on innovative areas “Molecular Robotics: Development of molecular robots equipped with sensors and intelligence” Amoeba Team(PI: Akihiko Konagaya, 2012-2016)
- NEDO: Artificial Molecular Muscle (PI: Akihiko Konagaya, 2016-2019)
- JST: Molecular Robot Ethics (PI: Akihiko Konagaya, 2016, 2017-2019)
- MEXT: Artificial Molecular Pancreatic Islets (PI: Akihiko Konagaya, 2017-2019)